Sunday, May 21, 2006

Holiday Programmes

This four-week holiday is considered long one since I left secondary education. I usually enjoyed err..or suffered around two weeks holidays and this is the first.

I have been playing games, watching dramas/animes, listening music, watching films and the list goes on and finally, the first vacation in my tertiary education finally came! I left to Kuala Lumpur on late Thursday and home on Saturday evening.

Although I did not entirely enjoyed the trip simply because I am not the person who liked walking walking and walking inside shoppig malls. I may be able running on the pitch for some time but I cannot hold for one second much longer walking without a purpose. Perhaps money can solve it all =P

Let's talk about the trip. First of all, me and three friends suffered at Citidel. We arrived too early and could not checked in. It was hell waiting for time to pass by. Then I almost died eating roti canai which was so hard to chew. Then the long walk experience. Sean We, Zhenn Hsean, Wei Neng and I walked at four malls in K.L.

Can you imagine walking from 10 am till 11.00 night? Both my legs were almost broken and waiting LRT to arrive to bring us back to hotel was so long. The public transportation in Malaysia left much to be desired.

Although it was not cool having broken legs, having to get two novels were nice. The titles were "A Short History of Tractors In UKRAINIAN" by Marina Lewycka and "Across the Face of the World" written by Russel Krikpatrick. The later was acclaimed as the best since Tolkien so I hope I will enjoy it as much as I like Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. It was the first of the trilogy and I only knew it after I unwrapped it. Now it is not cool. The first already so thick and I can't imagine to finish the second and the third. But then, I finally have some serious works in holiday!

Hmm...the other cool thing in this trip was being able to have a look on pretty girls! =P Come on Penang girls! Don't lose out to them! Laugh out loud. Kidding kidding!

Last Sunday was FA Cup final at Cardiff and perhaps it would be the last time England's domestic competitions such as FA Cup and Carling Cup to be held there. The new Wembley is the place. Liverpool were managed to overcome West Ham by penalties after a thrilling 6 goals in 90 minutes after a goalless axtra time. The match was almost like the Champions League final at Istanbul last year. Gerrard's "dream goal" was fantastic as well as Reina's penalty saving ability.

Then came Wednesday's Champions League final at Paris' Stade de France stadium. Who would be the successor of holder Liverpool? It was the Catalans! They hit back two goals after Arsenal's Sol Campbell goal by Samuel Eto'o and Juliano Belletti. Arsenal had goalkeeper Jens Lehmann sent off after just 18 minutes. My friend Zhenn Hsean who was an Arsenal fan was heart broken.

Sean We, Zhenn Hsean and I watched the match live at the mamak store that I had a bad gay experience. This time, luckily, no problem. When it ended nearly at 5 am, we headed home. Hell it was raining so heavily! Thank god for not being scolded even though I told mom the time I back home.

Then came the FA Cup final of domestic football. It was Pahang versus Perlis and it was a boring draw till the penalty shootout. The keepers and the penalty takers were just lousy compared to international players. It ended 4-2 or something whatever. I f
I fell asleep in the middle of the match and then went to online instead. I could not believe my eyes when I turned the tv on and the match was still going on.

Lousy players then came the boring prize giving ceremony with the stupid cup. Unlike those European football, when they win something the ceremony is touching and ends in grand. Malaysian ones are nothing. No champagnes or anything. Then it was the cup. I had no idea totally who created that stupid damn thing. What was the reason putting the logos for each state on the cup? What's even dumb was the height and its weight. 90 cm in height and weighed 13 KG! It needed four men in black to present it to the captain. How dumb. Nothing left to say more.

Finally, there is only about a week left to college opens again and the result for my third semester is coming out soon...! Crossing my fingers hard!

0 comments: