Sunday, June 22, 2008

First Game For SSPK United, Against Taman Maluri

After such an incredible day followed with my first competitive game after such a long time. I think my last game was the futsal tournament with Utopia United Football Club at Mak Mandin, Penang on 2004 or 2005 so it was a really long time.

Get to the point. At first I was really disappointed that I was left on the bench (thanks to Uncle Kenny)but then someone did not turn up so I filled up the slot instead. I played on the left back which was my position back in the times with UUFC. Our opponent is from Taman Maluri and we were the host. And so the friendly match started.

In the very first minute I knew were going to thrash them unless miracle happened. They could not keep the possession at all and they could not even make it to our own half. Uncle Kenny then striked at goal with a real drive and joy appeared on his face. Neo Ray Lim added another one no long after.

I was going up and down on the left and sometimes in the penalty box. One of their defenders half cleared the ball with his head and it was coming to my direction. "This is my moment" my head was thinking. I was standing on the edge of the penalty box and it was so crowded inside. I was never a good striker especially with my foot so I used my head instead. Bang! It went into the right bottom corner, the keeper had no chance at all.

We were leading 4-0 and all of the first team players were subbed with the Under-18 team and the opponent was still with their main players. We ended winning 8-2 in the end. I had to say Taman Maluri players were simply bad on that day.

I had a nice goal and a nice game. The goal was dedicated for you dear. Love you.

0 comments: