Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Ken's Review of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Went to Queensbay Mall during lunch time yesterday to buy a ticket (yes, i watched alone) for 7.50pm's movie and I got a slightly-in-front-place still. After all the wait I drove off to the mall from my office around 6.40pm and had some peeps and surveys for my new sports shoes.

After that I went to the cinema and my goodness the whole place was really packed. Expected anyway. We still cannot compare the crowds here in Penang and KL though. The cinema let us enter 5 minutes late and after all the crap ads we're in the movie! Weeehooo!!!

Alright, the movie is more humourous compared to the first one but there are really some annoying Autobots namely Mudflap and Skids or The Twins. I would prefer the movie being more serious and just some jokes added in.

Then the storyline is my main problem. I did not really understand the story actually.Perhaps I need to watch the second time to really understand it. Many small details were left out or simply narrated through. Anyhow I thought Bumblebee had his voice already, having shown at the end of the first movie but hell he's not now! Another thing, I bet you would not figure out who's fighting who and worse, who's Autobots and who's Decepticons! Oh my God!

It's time for the highlights of the movie. If you're a guy then you would probably love this movie for the hot women lol. Mikaela Banes got prettier and hotter in this movie and there's another gal called Isabel Lucas had the WOW factor too.

Secondly, and perhaps unarguably is the effects, both in visual and sound. I think this is the reason why we watch Transformers at cinemas haha. The budget for the movie was a whopping 200 million dollar and based on the effects shown, I was in awe how technology was so advanced nowadays. (I watched Terminator 1 few days ago and I couldn't help laughing).

Then this is it. I don't know whether you like this or not but for my case, yes I liked it. The creativity of the producers to change some of the character's origins. Check out Jetfire cos he's the most obvious. (with some Transformers knowledge on the EARLIST cartoon then you'll figure it out easily)

I would rate the movie 3 out of 5. Even the general reception is not that good. Obviously the sequel was not as nice as the prequel so I was actually a little disappointed but still this is a must watch movie. The movie was about two and a half hours so sit down and enjoy the movie!

0 comments: