Thursday, June 18, 2009

Work Work Work.........

I joined Philips Lumileds on 28th May 2008. I worked only 2 days then it's weekend and it was end of the month already. So they paid me like 300 bucks for sitting at the company haha.

I am given a task, to develop a program for the production line in Visual Basic 6, alone! Oh my goodness I learned that thing for just a semester and it's like 2 years ago! To make things worse, I only have 1 week to develop it, without my consent. My superior(I have many bosses actually)promised someone else without asking me. CRAZY!

Everyday I have to dig out the knowledge from books and the Internet. Hardly that I can find anybody that can teach me because I only have 2 colleagues and I believe that only one of them truly is a VB pro but he is not helfpul. Facebook and its applications, msn, reading news and bla bla bla most of the time. The other one is good to me and helps me alot but I'm not sure if she can help in in the programming part.

I just got bollocked over the chat room by a few bosses. Well they did not really scold me but it wasn't a relax conversation. I am not so sure how they work but they seem very committed to work and no joking when they are discussing work. While for me, I do not like it because I like to enjoy my work, better if I do it in a good mood. In that way I would be committed and happy at the same time :) However they are good people no worries hehe.

This is a real job and so I got a real job environment. The most important thing that I've learned so far is to PROTECT yourself. Everyone has to come up a plan to backup themselves. For programmers they create log files, non IT parts they come up with presentation slides and etc stating the reasons. While I do not prefer to call it a backup plan, I'd like say we have to responsible for everything we do. If you failed to finish something on time then you would have to explain everything.

The challenge is on... It's like watching Survivor on TV.



OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST(The survivor gets promoted?)

0 comments: